PI: A. John Hart
MS in Mechanical Engineering, 2020
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 2018
Kaitlyn graduated from Stanford University with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and a minor in French. She served as California Gamma president from 2017-18, during which time she spearheaded the introduction of several new chapter initiatives, including an undergraduate mentorship program, a peerto-peer discussion series, and a pre-officer leadership program. She has conducted research in soil biogeochemistry and educational haptics and has interned at the Northrop Grumman Corporation and The Boeing Company. She is currently pursuing a master’s degree in mechanical engineering at MIT where she develops computational design tools for additive manufacturing. She is an MIT Presidential Fellow, Sloan University Center for Exemplary Mentoring Scholar, and NSF Graduate Research Fellow.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Shakirov, Eldar, Kaitlyn Gee, Haden Quinlan, A. John Hart, Clement Fortin, Ighor Uzhinsky. (2020). Simulating the AM Production Facility: A Configurable Tool for Strategic Factory-level Planning. ASME 2020 15th International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference. (Accepted).
- Beiruti, S, Anne-Claire Le-Henaff, Arjun Chandar, Zhengyang Zhang, Kaitlyn Gee, Jaya Narain, Alexus Jones,
Amos Winter. (2019). A novel, efficient 3D-printing based manufacturing process for custom ocular prostheses. Oral presentation and peer-reviewed publication at 2019 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Berlin, Germany, pp. 3734-3737.
- Keiluweit, Marco, Kaitlyn Gee, Amanda Denney, Scott Fendorf. (2018). Anoxic microsites in upland soils
predominantly controlled by clay content. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 118, 42-50.
- Gee, Kaitlyn and A. John Hart. (November 2019). Parametric rate and cost estimation for laser-based additive
manufacturing. Oral presentation at II International Conference on Simulation for Additive Manufacturing,
- Martinez, Melisa Orta, Kaitlyn Gee, Tyler Cloyd, Maria Paula Hernandez, Thomas Hsieh, Bradley Immel, Jonathan A. Sosa, Meilan Steimle, Tiger Sun, and Allison M. Okamura. (March, 2018). Haplink Customizations. Poster session presented at IEEE Haptics Symposium 2018, San Francisco, CA.
- Keiluweit, Marco, Thomas Wanzek, Amanda Denney, Kaitlyn E Gee, Markus Kleber, Peter Nico, Scott Fendorf. (November 2015). Are Oxygen Limitations an Under Recognized Regulator of Organic Matter Turnover in Upland Soils? Oral session presented at ASA and CSSA International Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN.
- Keiluweit, Marco, Kaitlyn Elizabeth Gee, Amanda Denney and Scott E Fendorf. (December 2015). Predicting the impact of anaerobic microsites on soil organic matter mineralization rates in upland soils. Poster session presented at AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow, Class of 2019
- MIT Presidential Fellow (Provost Women and Minority), 2018-19
- MIT Graduate School Leadership Institute Fellow, Cohort 6
- MIT Arete Fellow in Effective Altruism
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society Member
- AISES Outstanding Freshman of the Year 2019