JOANA M.F. DA TRINDADE
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
PI: Sam Madden
MS in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 2008
Joana is a PhD student in EECS at MIT, working with Prof. Sam Madden and Prof. Julian Shun. Her research interests revolve around performance aspects of data processing systems, primarily focusing on query optimization and performance techniques for large-scale graph data management. Before MIT she spent some time in industry as a software engineer at Google, after completing an M.S. in CS from UIUC, and a B.S. in CS from UFRGS, in Brazil. She’s very fortunate to be supported by an Alfred P. Sloan UCEM PhD Fellowship, and a Microsoft Research PhD fellowship.
- J. M. F. da Trindade, K. Karanasos, C. Curino, S. Madden and J. Shun, “Kaskade: Graph Views for Efficient Graph Analytics.” ICDE 2020, Dallas, TX April 2020.
- J. M. F. da Trindade, K. Karanasos, C. Curino, S. Madden and J. Shun, “Kaskade: Graph Views for Efficient Graph Analytics.” (arXiv 2019 extended pre-print).
- M. Vartak, J. M. F. da Trindade, M. Zaharia and S. Madden, “MISTIQUE: A System to Store and Query Model Intermediates for Model Diagnosis.” SIGMOD 2018, Houston, TX, June 2018.
- A. Ilyas, J. M. F. da Trindade, R. C. Fernandez and S. Madden, “Extracting Syn- tactic Patterns from Databases.” ICDE 2018, Paris, France, April 2018.
- M. Yuan, D. Stein, B. Carrasco, J. M. F. da Trindade and Y. Lu, “Partitioning Social Networks for Fast Retrieval of Time-dependent Queries.” 3rd International Workshop on Graph Data Management (GDM, co-located with ICDE), Washington, DC, April 2012. Invited paper.
- B. Carrasco, Y. Lu and J. M. F. da Trindade, “Partitioning Social Networks for Time-dependent Queries.” 4th Workshop on Social Network Systems (SNS, co-located SERVICE with EuroSys), Salzburg, Austria, April 2011.
- “Kaskade: Graph Views for Efficient Graph Analytics”, University of Chicago (hosted by ChiData Group), May 2020. (Presentation)
- “Kaskade: Graph Views for Efficient Graph Analytics”, ICDE 2020, April 2020. (Presentation)
- Joana M. Fonseca da Trindade (IBM Research T. J. Watson), Anastasios Ke- mentsietsidis (IBM Research T. J. Watson) and Mudhakar Srivatsa (IBM Research T. J. Watson), US 20120327087, “Supporting Recursive Dynamic Provenance Annotations Over Data Graphs.” Filed June 27, 2011.
- A. Benameur (SAP Labs France), J. Da Trindade and P. El-Khoury (SAP Labs France), US 20100162406, “Security Aspects of SOA.” Filed June 12, 2009.
- A. Benameur (SAP Labs France), J. Da Trindade and P. El-Khoury (SAP Labs France), Europe EP2133831A1, “Security Aspects of SOA.” Filed June 12, 2008.
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship
- Siebel Scholars (M.S. at UIUC)